I'm on a mission to engage, educate and enable people working in projects and organizations, so that their individual efforts can make a positive impact.
I aim to give planners, designers, team leads, managers, and project managers, the necessary strategies, techniques and tools, enabling them to make a difference to the outcomes of the projects, developments and change initiatives that they work on.
DO YOU HAVE AN UPCOMING EVENT YOU'D LIKE A SPEAKER FOR?
Over the past decade, I have presented for various groups within the mining sector, ranging from large audiences at national conferences, to medium-sized groups of university engineering students, to smaller luncheon functions for team learning or professional associations. I have spoken frequently on mining waste management, sustainability and integration of sustainability into projects and processes.
I now focus primarily on the integration of various improvement principles and methods into projects, improving team collaboration, and engaging and empowering personnel to facilitate successful change initiatives.
Personalized presentations and webinars can be developed based on the theme of the event, the desired message, and the audience to be engaged. Scroll down for a list of previous speaking engagements, and read previous blog posts on similar topics here.
UPCOMING EVENTS & WEBINARS
- Saskatoon, WIMWiN/SK Mine Your Potential Conference: October 27, 2017 Register Here!
- The Necessary Culture for Soaring Performance
- Chicago, PMI Global Conference: October 28-30, 2017 Register Here!
- The Necessary Culture for Soaring Performance, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
Leading organizations have been found to demonstrate key characteristics and capabilities. However, their practices are much more holistic than just utilizing a set of tools and analysis methods to monitor performance and correct issues. Lessons are shared from the books High-Velocity Edge, and Drive, to demonstrate what these are, and just why they work.
Re-recorded, free for anyone, access replay here
- Enabling Organizational Improvement Initiatives, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
Every person, team and discipline in an organization can play a role in the facilitation of initiatives aimed at improving stakeholder support and improvements in environmental performance. These personnel need only the connection and alignment of their own roles to the proposed targets, and the opportunities to present and implement solutions and strategies within their scope. With small contributions from all team players, success can be had through alignment.
Free with PMI membership, access replay here
- Leaning the Project Lifecycle, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
The work of each engineering discipline plays a significant role in enabling risk avoidance and improvement in design, as well as addressing external stakeholder concerns and requirements. However, achieving success in multi-phase, extended duration projects requires distinct collaboration, coordination, and communication elements. The audience was introduced to key strategies and tools to improve the success rates of projects that involve potential environmental and societal impacts, and the approval of multiple stakeholders.
Free with PMI membership, access replay here
Would you Like to Learn More? Have a Topic Idea?
- How we Kickstarted a Lean Community of Practice, Lean Construction Institute of Canada Conference 2017, Hitting the Target, May 3-5, 2017
- Extracting Value from Sunk & Presumed Costs, CIM Conference 2017, Innovative Strategies to Meet Changing Expectations, May 1-3, 2017
- Ask the Expert Series, PMI Global Congress 2016, San Diego, September 25-27, 2016
- Sustainable Extraction: Environmental Initiatives for Canada’s Resource Industries, Conference Board of Canada webinar, May 18, 2016 - click on title to register for viewing
- Demonstration of a Framework for Mine Closure and Relinquishment, representing Canada Mining Innovation Council, at Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum, Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC, May 3, 2016
- 5 Strategies to Improve Your Project Outcomes, Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan, Annual General Meeting, Saskatoon, SK, May 6, 2016
- Leaning the Mining Lifecycle, sessional lecture for University of Saskatchewan Civil, Geological & Environment Engineering - 4th year Design, February 24, 2016
- Leaning into Environmental Assessment Approvals, Project Management Institute South Saskatchewan Chapter, December 17, 2015
- A Leaner Lifecycle, Canadian Mineral Processors SK/MB, Annual Conference, November 19, 2015
- Improving Project Outcomes through Sustainability Integration, Project Management Institute North Saskatchewan Chapter, September 8, 2015
- 5 Strategies to Improve Your Project Outcomes, Women In Mining / Women In Nuclear SK, June 5, 2015
- Integrating Sustainability into Projects Design, University of Saskatchewan Civil, Geological & Environment Engineering - 4th year Design, February 25, 2015
- Integrating Sustainability into Mining Design, University of Saskatchewan Mining Engineering, March, 2014