I'm on a mission to engage, educate and enable people working in projects and organizations, so that their individual efforts can make a positive impact.
I aim to give planners, designers, team leads, managers, and project managers, the necessary strategies, techniques and tools, enabling them to make a difference to the outcomes of the projects, developments and change initiatives that they work on.
DO YOU HAVE AN UPCOMING EVENT YOU'D LIKE A SPEAKER FOR?
Over the past decade, I have presented for various groups within the mining and project management sectors, ranging from large audiences at national conferences, to medium-sized groups of university engineering students, to smaller luncheon functions for team learning or professional associations. I have spoken frequently on mining waste management, sustainability and integration of sustainability into projects and processes, but also on Lean, leading through change, collaboration and engagement.
I focus primarily on the integration of various improvement principles and methods into projects, improving team collaboration, and engaging and empowering personnel to facilitate successful change initiatives.
Personalized presentations and webinars can be developed based on the theme of the event, the desired message, and the audience to be engaged. Scroll down for a list of previous speaking engagements, and read previous blog posts on similar topics here.
UPCOMING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Making Your Organization Soar, Training Insights Podcasts
This podcast series, produced by Ottawa-based writer/audio producer Kevin McGowan in partnership with Training magazine, includes one-on-one interviews with fascinating people in the training/learning and development world. The three keys to making your organization soar—not just perform—is good economic returns; environmental performance; and the social aspect, particularly employee engagement and collaboration.
Access podcast here
- The Necessary Culture for Soaring Performance, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
Leading organizations have been found to demonstrate key characteristics and capabilities. However, their practices are much more holistic than just utilizing a set of tools and analysis methods to monitor performance and correct issues. Lessons are shared from the books High-Velocity Edge, and Drive, to demonstrate what these are, and just why they work.
Edited slightly & re-recorded, free for anyone, access replay here
- Enabling Organizational Improvement Initiatives, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
Every person, team and discipline in an organization can play a role in the facilitation of initiatives aimed at improving stakeholder support and improvements in environmental performance. These personnel need only the connection and alignment of their own roles to the proposed targets, and the opportunities to present and implement solutions and strategies within their scope. With small contributions from all team players, success can be had through alignment.
Free with PMI membership, access replay here
- Leaning the Project Lifecycle, rated @ 5.5/7, projectmanagement.com
The work of each engineering discipline plays a significant role in enabling risk avoidance and improvement in design, as well as addressing external stakeholder concerns and requirements. However, achieving success in multi-phase, extended duration projects requires distinct collaboration, coordination, and communication elements. The audience was introduced to key strategies and tools to improve the success rates of projects that involve potential environmental and societal impacts, and the approval of multiple stakeholders.
Free with PMI membership, access replay here
Would you Like to Learn More? Have a Topic Idea?
Past SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Design to Engage & Align, Spark the Change India Conference 2018
- Maximizing Value-Add of Mining Developments, CIM Environmental & Social Responsibility Society 2018
- Using Innovation for More Effective Tailings Management, Canadian Mineral Processors MB/SK Regional Conference 2017
- The Necessary Culture for Soaring Performance, PMI Global Conference 2017
- Ask the Expert Series, PMI Global Conference 2017
- Engaging Your Team Through Change, WIMWiN-SK Mine Your Potential Conference 2017
- Evaluating the Impact of Technology for Tailings Disposal, Panel Moderator, Mines & Technology Toronto 2017
- The Necessary Culture for Soaring Performance, PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter 2017
- How we Kickstarted a Lean Community of Practice, Lean Construction Institute of Canada Conference 2017
- Extracting Value from Sunk & Presumed Costs, CIM Conference 2017
- Ask the Expert Series, PMI Global Congress 2016
- Sustainable Extraction: Environmental Initiatives for Canada’s Resource Industries, Conference Board of Canada
- Demonstration of a Framework for Mine Closure and Relinquishment, CIM Conference 2016
- 5 Strategies to Improve Your Project Outcomes, APEGS, Annual General Meeting 2016
- Leaning the Mining Lifecycle, University of Saskatchewan Civil, Geological & Environment Engineering 2016
- Leaning into Environmental Assessment Approvals, PMI South Saskatchewan Chapter 2015
- A Leaner Lifecycle, Canadian Mineral Processors SK/MB Regional Conference 2015
- Improving Project Outcomes through Sustainability Integration, PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter 2015
- 5 Strategies to Improve Your Project Outcomes, Women In Mining / Women In Nuclear, SK 2015
- Integrating Sustainability into Projects Design, University of Saskatchewan Civil, Geological & Environment Engineering 2015, 2014